Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Crosman 2240 "Poor man's match rifle" in it's current configuration

Here's a photo of my 2240 once I got all the latest aftermarket parts installed. Grant's alloy wide barrel band, stainless steel safety, alloy roller trigger and winged steel CO2 end cap. The rest by various makers; a brass bolt with extended probe by Mac1, aluminum bolt handle with rubber orings and stainless steel shaft from MountainAir, aluminum power adjuster by Art Braden, HDD from PSP Airguns, after market hammer spring and valve work by me, TKO sear pin and sear spring with delrin guide and stainless steel screw upgrades from Ace Hardware. The muzzle brake which isn't in this photo was made by Larry Rollins and is polished aluminum with a dovetail milled out for attaching a Lyman globe sight. The rear sight is a Williams peep sight with a .05" custom aperture. 24" Crosman barrel and a Crosman 1399 stock. She puts out an adjustable power range from 525-625 FPS with 14.6gr Beeman FTS. Super accurate. Lot's of shots(40+) on a CO2 powerlet with the HDD installed.

There was basically nothing else I wanted to do to this gun once I got it to this stage...except for one thing. I want a Grant Stace stainless steel breech with full dovetail so I can still use the Williams peep sight on the gun, then she is done forever! Grant is working on the breech for me when he gets some time. I look forward to it being finished and on my gun.




3 comments:

  1. What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the gun anyway of getting all the websites you bought all the parts from?
    email me at razorgrafix@hotmail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete