Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tested out the power adjuster on my 2240

I finally got a chance to shoot my 2240 after I installed Art's power adjuster on it. I must say that this little accessory was worth every penny, not only does it look great, but it works great as well. With the power adjuster installed I was able to get about an extra 50 FPS out of my gun. I get an average of 625 FPS shooting Beeman FTS 14.6gr with the power adjuster turned up 3/4 of the way. If I turn it up to the max I can get a bit higher but the shot consistancy drops, I got a shot of 639 FPS with it turned all the way up. If I turn it down to the lowest setting I get around 500 FPS, which is nice for plinking at the target and conserving CO2.

In the 2nd picture below you can see the high power setting shot I got of 639 FPS. In the 3rd picture below you can see a 5 shot group I got with the adjuster 3/4 of the way turned up at an average of 625 FPS. I am very pleased with this new addition to my gun, I highly recommend getting one for your 22XX if you are looking to either increase power or increase shot count or both.

Happy Shooting!

P.S. All of these chrony numbers were taken using Beeman FTS 14.6gr pellets.









9 comments:

  1. Nice Blog

    Question: is the hammer adjuster hard to install? and would you tighten it (screw it in) to increase the power or loosen it?
    do you notice a drop in the amount of shots you get from a co2 cartridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hammer adjuster is very simple to install. You only need to remove the rear breech screw and the rear grip frame screw to install it.

    To increase power you turn it clockwise(screw it in) to increase the power and turn it counterclockwise to decrease the power. If I have the power turned down my shot count will increase and if I have it turned way up then I get less shots of course. I do have a hammer debounce device from Skylar installed so that helps with the shot count as well.

    Any more questions just ask away.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog and info. Couldyou tellme who and where I can find Art to order a power adjuster.

    Once again great info.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I presume the reference to Art's Power Adjuster can be located at this link: http://www.arts-shack.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay, Jason is correct. The power adjusters I use are from Art Braden located at http://www.arts-shack.com

    Happy Shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Again

    Do you have a link to the Skyler HDD?

    Thanks

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeff,

    Yes I do, you can get them from http://www.bigedmachining.com/

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings

    It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since Im more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys Ive added you guys to my blogroll. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.

    ReplyDelete